Free Consultation 970-485-2261
Click For A Free Consultation

Breckenridge Disorderly Conduct Charges

Click For A Free Consultation

Police often use disorderly conduct as a catchall charge when they have been called to a scene, but there is no basis for a more serious charge such as assault. Still, a conviction for disorderly conduct will appear on your record, harming your employability and possibly excluding you from certain occupations. If you have been charged with disorderly conduct or another “nuisance charge” such as public intoxication or public urination, it may not be in your best interest to simply plead guilty. Instead, you should speak with a lawyer about your defense options. By becoming informed, you will be able to make better decisions about what you should do. It will not cost you anything to talk with me, J.B. Katz, an experienced criminal defense attorney. In a free consultation, I can discuss your options and what I can do to help you obtain a positive outcome.

What Happens In Disorderly Conduct Charges

When the police are called to a bar, residence or other location in response to a disturbance, there is usually some confusion on everyone’s part about what really happened. As your defense lawyer, I may be able to use this to your advantage. Depending on the circumstances of the case, I can put the event and your actions in context. I can offer alternative interpretations to what appears on the police report. If possible, I will seek to obtain a dismissal of the charge or a deferred judgment.

Minimizing Consequences

For many people, having a conviction for disorderly conduct on the record is preferable to a conviction for public lewdness, public fighting or another embarrassing crime. I will work hard to obtain the best overall outcome for you, one that minimizes penalties and the potential effect on your record and job prospects.

Protecting Your Future

To determine how I can best help you with your defense, please call my Breckenridge criminal defense office at (970) 453-5533 or send me an email. I have over 20 years of experience protecting the rights of those charged with crimes in Colorado.