Free Consultation (970) 485-2261
Click For A Free Consultation

Frequently Asked Questions About Underage Crimes

Click For A Free Consultation

Breckenridge, with its unparalleled skiing and scenic surroundings, is an exceedingly popular tourist destination. College students often visit the area for long weekends and school breaks. These relaxing getaways, however, can sometimes result in criminal charges, which can cloud the future for an underage individual.

I am attorney J.B. Katz, and I understand that youthful mistakes happen. As the founder of my practice, the Law Offices of J.B. Katz, P.C., I feature more than 20 years of experience in criminal defense. Below are some common questions that I receive when I consult with individuals facing charges related to underage crimes:

I got a minor possession charge while in town over break — what do I do now?

If you are facing a minor possession charge, the first thing you need to do is learn how it can impact your future. By contacting my office, I can walk you through the best options available to you. If you are from out of town, I can also advise you on how to best confront your situation.

I was caught with some pills that are not mine — can I get rid of these charges?

Every criminal case is subjective. It may be possible for you to have your charges reduced or dismissed altogether. Your best option is to speak with an experienced lawyer such as myself who understands the nuances of Colorado state law.

Do my mom and dad need to know about my arrest?

If your parents are not already aware of the charges against you, it is not my role to inform them. I can help you effectively fight your charges while exercising discretion. You may also have the option of expungement or sealing your records — I can advise you on what is possible after gaining a better understanding of your case.

Will my case affect my standing in school?

It is possible for an arrest to put your enrollment in jeopardy. Some schools have honor codes that students must adhere to — a failure to do so may result in expulsion. In certain cases, your financial aid may also be at risk. Getting proper legal representation is your best bet when it comes to preserving your future.

Find Out More — Call My Office Today

If you have been charged with a crime, it is in your best interests to be proactive. Call my office today at (970) 453-5533, or send me an email to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.